We aim to complete the development, testing and introduction of the worlds first long term implantable micro sensor to give people with diabetes the modern tool they deserve for monitoring glucose levels.
Detecting glucose by the principle of the osmotic pressure holds promise of a glucose sensing technology that is suitable for both miniaturization and long term continuous monitoring in vivo without causing patient discomfort or reducing quality of life. It also offers several major advantages compared to current blood glucose measurement technologies.
Lifecare AS (Ltd.) is a privately owned, independent company that has been dedicated to the research and development of medical sensors for health monitoring since 06/07.
Our headquarter is located in Bergen, Norway. The research and development is performed through our research partner across Europe.
Lifecare is listed on Oslo Stock Exchange (LIFE-ME).
The Sencell-technology is protected by patents owned by Lifecare AS. These patents are granted until year 2030 and new patents are pending.
The prototypes of Sencell were evaluated in -vitro to achieve performance data and to demonstrate the working principle. The pre clinical trials # 1 and # 2 were successfully completed fall-2016. Proof-of-concept was demonstrated. The results prove that the Lifecare osmotic pressure technology is able to track interstitial glucose. It provides a stable reference for the future developmental steps and will help Lifecare to further miniaturize the sensor until successful clinical evaluation in human clinical trials.
Our technology provides continuous, accurate glucose data straight to you smart device.Learn More
The Lifecare team has both the knowledge and will to make life a little bit easier for people with diabetes. Together we work to give diabetics better control of their glucose levels.
- MBA from American Graduate School of International Management
- Managing Director of Lifecare since 2012
- Previously held senior management, operational and director positions in leading enterprises
- Managed and participated in major national and international companies and projects
Christian Torp Saure
Chairman of the board
- Master of Business Administration / NHH
- Private investor since 2003
- Former partner at ABG Sundal Collier
- Chairman and CEO of Osmotex AG
- Board member in several companies
- LL.M. from the University of Bergen Norway
- Practice as Lawyer in Norway
- Member of the Lifecare BoD since 2011
- Private investor & adviser
- Former CEO & partner at Borea
- Head of Norwegian Equities at Nordea Invest Mgmt.
- Portfolio manager at DNB
- Portfolio manager at Investa Invest & Private Eq.
- Board member in several life science companies
Prof. Dr. med. Dr. rer. nat. Andreas Pfützner
- Managing Director of PFÜTZNER Science & Health Institute GmbH, Diabetes Center & Practice, Mainz/Germany, since 2013
- Honorary Professor of Applied Clinical Research for the University of Applied Sciences, Bingen/Germany, since 2007
- Over 25 years of pharmaceutical and device development experience
Dr. rer. nat. Sanja Ramljak
- Scientific Project Manager sciema UG, Mainz/Germany, since 2014
- Post Doctoral Fellow at German Primate Centre, Göttingen/Germany, 2008 - 2010
- PhD at the Department of Neurology, Georg-August-University, Göttingen/Germany, 2003 – 2007
Prof. David C. Klonoff
Chairman, Scientific Advisory Board
- Clinical professor of Medicine, UCSF
- Editor-in-chief, DST
- Medical Director, INST
- Chairman, i.a. DTM and ADA
- Chaired i.e. FDA, NASA, US army, NIH, NSF
- Consulting i.e. Sanofi, Google and Insulin
Prof. Lutz. Heinemann
Member, Scientific Advisory Board
- Partner and Scientific Consultant, Profil
- Co-editor, DST
- Published 160 research articles
- Awarded ”Leadership in Diabetes Technology”
- Charing the EU founded project ”AP at home”
Prof. Kåre Birkeland
CMO, Scientific Advisory Board
- Professor of Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, University of Oslo
- Senior consultant in Endocrinology, Dep. of Transplantation Medicine, Rikshospitalet, Oslo University Hospita
- Chairman Advisory Board, Norwegian Diabetes Association